Job Opening Thomson Instrument Company
Are you an experienced sales rep who would like to join an emerging leader with proven technologies in bioprocessing and analytical chemistry?
We are recruiting candidates who are currently based in Northern VA or MD to sell the Thomson line of disposable and multi-use bioprocessing and analytical chemistry tools into the analytical testing, R&D and GMP bioprocessing markets.
This is a perfect time to join an innovative laboratory products company with world-wide brand recognition.
What do you need to do? Maintain and manage a specific outside territory by meeting and exceeding sales goals. Manage customer accounts to ensure “premiere” service and technical support to customers with on-site consultative visits on a regular and ongoing basis.
This position will cover the Mid-Atlantic Region MD/VA/WVA/DC/NC. Required base is Northern VA or MD and candidates must currently reside in the territory. Qualified candidates must have familiarity of regional pharma/biopharma/biotech accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned territory meets sales goals
- Conduct on-site customer visits to provide technical information with regards to cell culture, chromatography and related products and services
- Sell products in various market segments via direct sales
- Attend local vendor shows and company sponsored trade shows
- Identify new opportunities through cold calling and penetrating new accounts
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop sales strategies for assigned territory. which includes business plans, and market analysis
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture
- Manage and maintain information in customer database system
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by customers and/or management
- Knowledge of the account base in the geography preferred
- Laboratory hands-on experience preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Cell Culture and/or HPLC, LC/MS
- Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas
- Experience in Microsoft office and a CRM program
- Extremely skilled in the art of negotiation
- Self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are critical
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Life Sciences or Chemistry required
Thomson Instrument Company is a rapidly growing family owned and operated company located in San Diego. Our unique patented products successfully serve a variety of markets from large bio pharma to food and beverage, environmental and more. Our products are made in the USA, in stock in San Diego. In depth sales training program, part of continued Sales training. Be part of a growing and exciting sales team with great income potential.
- This position offers a competitive compensation package/car allowance/medical benefits/vacation with an uncapped bonus plan.
Contact Mark Rehse