Job Opening Thomson Instrument Company
Due to high sales growth we are adding additional sales resources to cover existing sales territories.
Overall Responsibilities – Maintain and manage a specific geographic territory by meeting and exceeding sales goals. Manage customer accounts to ensure “premiere” service and technical support to customers with on-site consultative visits on a regular and ongoing basis.
Qualified candidates will cover one of the following regions:
- Mid-Atlantic States – must reside in the MD/VA/NC/DC Mid-Atlantic territory
- North East– must reside in the greater Boston area
- San Francisco Peninsula – must reside in San Francisco, on the SF Peninsula or San Jose
- South/South East States – must reside in TX/FL/GA/SC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned territory meets sales goals
- Conduct on-site customer visits to provide technical information with regards to cell culture, chromatography and related products and services
- Sell products in various market segments via direct sales
- Attend local vendor shows and company sponsored trade shows
- Identify new opportunities through cold calling and penetrating new accounts
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop sales strategies for assigned territory. which includes business plans, and market analysis
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture
- Manage and maintain information in customer database system
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by customers and/or management
- 25% overnight travel (customer sites / sales meetings /attend national conferences)
- Knowledge of the account base in the geography preferred
- Laboratory hands-on experience preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Cell Culture and/or High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas
- Experience in Microsoft office and a CRM program
- Extremely skilled in the art of negotiation
- Self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are critical
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Life Sciences or Chemistry required
Thomson Instrument Company is a rapidly growing family owned and operated company located in San Diego. Our unique patented products successfully serve a variety of markets from large bio pharma to food and beverage, environmental and more. Our products are made in the USA, in stock in San Diego. In depth sales training program, part of continued Sales training. Be part of a growing and exciting sales team with great income potential.
- This position offers a competitive compensation package/car allowance/medical benefits/vacation with an uncapped bonus plan.
Contact Mark Rehse