Job Opening Thomson Instrument Company
Are you an experienced sales rep who would like to join an emerging leader with proven technologies in bioprocessing and analytical chemistry?
We are seeking an experienced Sales Professional to sell single-use disposable as well as reusable shaker flask consumables, R&D and GMP bioprocessing accessories and sample prep tools for analytical chemistry.
Uncapped commission structure!
Maintain and manage specific outside territory by meeting and exceeding sales goals. Manage customer accounts to ensure “premiere” service and technical support to customers with on-site consultative visits on a regular and ongoing basis. Qualified candidates will cover San Diego county and the SouthWest region, must currently reside in the territory and have familiarity with local San Diego pharma and biotech accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned territory meets sales goals
- Conduct on-site customer visits to provide company product information and drive business
- Sell products in various market segments via direct and channel sales
- Attend local vendor shows and company sponsored tradeshows
- Identify new opportunities through cold calling and penetrating new accounts
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop sales strategies for assigned territory. which includes business plans, and market analysis
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture
- Manage and maintain information in customer database system
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by customers and/or management
- Knowledge of the account base in the geography preferred
- Laboratory hands-on experience preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Cell Culture and Analytical methods
- Experience in Microsoft office and a CRM program
- Negotiation skills
- Self-starter with strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are critical
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Life Sciences or Chemistry required
Thomson Instrument Company is a rapidly growing family owned and operated company located in San Diego. Our unique patented products successfully serve a variety of markets from large bio pharma to food and beverage, environmental and more. Our products are made in the USA, in stock in San Diego. In depth sales training program, part of continued Sales training. Be part of a growing and exciting sales team with great income potential.
- This position offers a competitive compensation package/car allowance/medical benefits/vacation with an uncapped bonus plan.
Contact Mark Rehse