compounds separated from the matrix
Thomson eXtreme|FV® offer multi-layer filtration for viscous samples and samples containing up to 30% particulates.
eXtreme|FV® allows for compounds to be separated from the matrix, which results in both a higher signal-to-noise ratio and peaks that are more differentiated.
replace SPE steps with eXtreme|FV®
Prior to the introduction of the eXtreme|FV®, many samples containing high levels of particulates were “filtered” by using an SPE step in the method. This method is easily amendable: simply replace the SPE step with a rapid and lower cost eXtreme|FV® step.
Applications for Thomson eXtreme|FV® include filtration of cell and cell debris from cell culture; pesticide analysis in food, tissue, soil, and water; and toxicology analysis.
Features & Applications
Quick Filtration in as little as 15 seconds
Used for Particulate-Laden Samples expands your range of applications
Depth filtration begins with Pre Filtration at 10um and ends at 0.2 or 0.45μm
Eliminates Multiple Syringe Filters, Syringe, HPLC Vial, & CAP and reduces waste
Easy to Press Down with Hand or Toggle Press increases efficiency and reduces fatigue
Extends column life and reduces injector clogs reducing Costly Repairs & Service Issues
Minimizes Instrument Downtime so you can keep working
Green Technology by reducing plastic waste
Matrix Effects and Ion Suppression:
Hidden gems are not obvious in LCMS
Strong Signal; Noise Lessened,
Blue Creature Appears
Don’t lose your elusive octopus because the matrix causes high background noise
Incomplete Matrix Clean-Up
Previous Method: Chromatogram of Huperzine A powdered extract, Huperzia serrata
Previous Method: Chromatogram of Huperzine A extracted from the Chinese club moss, Huperzine serrata
New Method: Chromatogram of Huperzine A powdered extract, Huperzia serrata
New Method: Chromatogram of Huperzine A extracted from the Chinese club moss, Huperzine serrata
Nationwide Technical Support
We’re here to help!
Thomson employs a nationwide team of expert technical support staff ready to tackle any questions you may have regarding our products.
eXtreme|FV® Part Numbers
- eXtreme|FV® - PVDF 0.2µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Red CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85531-200|200/casepn85531-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - PVDF 0.45µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Yellow CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85541-200|200/casepn85541-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - PTFE 0.2µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Green CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85530-200|200/casepn85530-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - PTFE 0.45µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Blue CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85540-200|200/casepn85540-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - PES 0.2µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Grey CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85535-200|200/casepn85535-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - Nylon 0.2µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Black CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85538-200|200/casepn85538-500|500/caseclick for more details
- eXtreme|FV® - Nylon 0.45µmnon-sterilePre-Split Septum, Pink CapMulti-Layered Filtrationpn85539-200|200/casepn85539-500|500/caseclick for more details