AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals
& Vented Screw Caps
AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals
AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals (patented) are disposable, high gas exchange, sterile seals for all shake flasks and are a component of Thomson’s Ultra Yield® Solution and provide you with:
Sterile 0.2μm hydrophobic barrier with a resealable gas-permeable membrane
Fits all Ultra Yield® Flasks as well as other brand flasks both glass and disposable
AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals help improve microbial growth and are part of the Ultra Yield® System
Resealable for up to 24 hours in culture
Ultra Yield® Vented Screw Cap
Vented Screw Caps feature a durable non-autoclavable design for use on Thomson Ultra Yield® Flasks. They also include a sterile 0.2μm hydrophobic barrier for high-throughput gas exchange
Sterile 0.2μm hydrophobic barrier with a gas-permeable membrane
Improve microbial growth
Disposable, Sterile, Easy To Use
Higher Gas Exchange on All Types of Shake Flasks
Sterile membrane barrier
AirOtop™ Seals and Vented Screw Caps feature a 0.2μm sterile membrane barrier which provides a higher gas exchange on all types of shake flasks. As a matter of fact, AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals are designed to fit on the tops of both Thomson flasks and traditional glass flasks. To determine the correct AirOtop™ Seal to use with your glass or disposable flask refer to AirOtop™ Enhanced Seal Compatibility below.
resealable for up to approximately 24 hours
AirOtop™ Seals are disposable, sterile, easy to use, and resealable for up to approximately 24 hours. Multiple sizes are available to keep all of your flasks covered. Testing has been conducted at multiple customer sites with great results. Organisms tested include Protista (Algae), E. coli, and other microbes which exhibited increased cell density, a more neutral media pH and increased gas exchange rates.
Time to Harvest?
Ultra Yield® BiDirectional Transfer Caps
aseptic transfer system
In addition, when it comes time to harvest flask contents or transfer to larger fermenters Thomson manufactures a single-use Ultra Yield® BiDirectional Transfer Cap for the 1.5L and 2.5L Ultra Yield® Flasks. This aseptic transfer system keeps your process sterile and GMP-compliant
AirOtop™ Are Fully Compatible
with other manufacturer’s flasks
Common Seals Replaced
with AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals
|Seal Type||Sterile 0.2μm Air Barrier||High Aeration Rate||Disposable|
|Metal Flask Cap|
Can we transistion to AirOtop™ in our protocols?
We have Answers!
If you have questions on transitioning to AirOtop™ for sealing your flasks, Thomson has a dedicated support staff ready to answer any of your questions.
AirOtop™ Enhanced Seals Part Numbers
- AirOtop™ Enhanced SealsterileResealable | PTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 125mL Flaskpn899421|100/caseclick for more details
- AirOtop™ Enhanced SealsterileResealable | PTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 250mL Flaskpn899423|100/caseclick for more details
- AirOtop™ Enhanced SealsterileResealable | PTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 500mL Flaskpn899424|100/caseclick for more details
- AirOtop™ Enhanced SealsterileResealable | PTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 1.5 & 2.5L Flaskspn899425|100/caseclick for more details
Ultra Yield® Vent Cap Part Numbers
- Ultra Yield® 125mL Vent CapsterilePTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 125mL Flaskspn899109|50/caseclick for more details
- Ultra Yield® 250mL Vent CapsterilePTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 250mL Flaskspn899110|50/caseclick for more details
- Ultra Yield® 500mL Vent CapsterilePTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 500mL Flaskspn899111|25/caseclick for more details
- Ultra Yield® 1.5 & 2.5L Vent CapsterilePTFE 0.2µm for Increased Aeration | SterileFor Ultra Yield® 1.5 & 2.5L Flaskspn899566|24/caseclick for more details
Ultra Yield® Bidirectional Transfer Cap Part Number
- Ultra Yield® Bidirectional Transfer CapsterileFor 1.5 & 2.5L Ultra Yield® Flask | SterileUse with Peristaltic Pumppn899136|6/caseclick for more details